JUDE HARZER FINE ART

When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.”~ Paul Coelho

A young and vital child knows no limit to his own will, and it is the only reality to him. It is not that he wants at the outset to fight other wills, but that they simply do not exist for him. Like the artist, he goes forth to the work of creation, gloriously alone.
Jane Harrison

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator
My art is a reflection of my effort to recognize and embrace the beauty in the world around me, even when it seems most difficult to find. Contact me at judiharz@aol.com or visit my website at http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

Visit My Website

http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

"Most of us have two lives- the life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands resistance."Steven Pressfield

"The greatest freedoms are freedom from regret, freedom from fear, freedom from anxiety, and freedom from sorrow."
Thich Nhat Hanh

Monday, February 8, 2010

Fly

Fly: Breathe  Jude Harzer
When I started painting four years ago, my greatest inspirations were my own children,Christina and Robert, my students, and the children that we all are or once were. After considering for many years why any of us fail to recognize our talents,beauty,and potential to succeed and live fully, I realized that it had a lot to do with love or an absence of it:) True and pure love is offered without expectation, judgement or malice. It mutually nurtures the spirit of the "giver" as well as that of the recipient. I began a series of paintings entitled ,"Fly." Each featured a figure, usually a child, offering a "breath of inspiration." I believe wholeheartedly that if we were all encouraged with kindness and taught to celebrate our unique gifts, we would at least have a good head start as we ventured off to pursue our dreams...unfettered by thoughts of failure,fear or inadequacy.

I tried to raise my children with love and kindness. I  have failed at many things but I try like crazy to be a strong and mindful parent. I took seriously, the responsibility of encouraging my children to love and respect themselves and to pursue a life of purpose and passion. I imagine that they grow tired of hearing their wacky artist mom, spew motivational advice about chasing their dreams and embracing their own greatness:)....but they listen. I know they do. I see it in their eyes and in their actions.

Yesterday we said so long to my daughter Christina , who is bound for Australia for 6 months to study communications. As a young girl she would tell me about a recurring dream. It was clear and explicit and involved her travels to the Australian Coast . Okay , it also involved a beautiful surfer boy and his family  which is of no surprise because she was raised at the shore and prides herself on being a "beach bum".So at 19, she is chasing her dreams.Young, beautiful, bright and bold, this kid is destined to fly. And before she left she turned to me and told me to paint with all my heart. She hugged me ,praised my recent work (that is very generous coming from her)and advised me to return to my "Fly" images. I think she is right:)

Christina, last I heard, you were on a flight to Fiji. I will think only of your safety, the adventure and the possibilities! No fear! And although you will be missed (minus the mess, the mouth and the noise) I want you to live big my love and FLY! May you dream and dance down under....dreams really do come true:)
PS...Contact us ASAP when you land and are settled. I'm still your mama my muse:)
Saying "so long" for now 2-7-10

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." ~ Leonardo da Vinci

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jude, Art and Inspiration