JUDE HARZER FINE ART

When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.”~ Paul Coelho

A young and vital child knows no limit to his own will, and it is the only reality to him. It is not that he wants at the outset to fight other wills, but that they simply do not exist for him. Like the artist, he goes forth to the work of creation, gloriously alone.
Jane Harrison

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator
My art is a reflection of my effort to recognize and embrace the beauty in the world around me, even when it seems most difficult to find. Contact me at judiharz@aol.com or visit my website at http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

Visit My Website

http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

"Most of us have two lives- the life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands resistance."Steven Pressfield

"The greatest freedoms are freedom from regret, freedom from fear, freedom from anxiety, and freedom from sorrow."
Thich Nhat Hanh

Monday, August 3, 2009

Final Week at School of Visual Arts


August 3rd! How can it possibly be time to prepare for the culminating exhibit? It seems like only yesterday that I arrived in NYC on July 6th and now I am in my fifth and final week at the School of Visual Arts summer residency program.

In addition to creating a body of work, we are responsible for exhibiting our art in a manner that best showcases our efforts. Some colleagues have prepared installations, They have painted walls, floors and ceilings. I am in the process of creating an environment that sets a particular "mood" for the viewer. I won't post the progress until later because I don't want to ruin the initial impression for those of you who are attending. I am very fortunate living somewhat near to NY, so I will have both family and friends in attendance for support.

Just a side note and a thank you to my husband. The finish work for my exhibit, necessitated my using my brand spanking new drill! My going away "present" from my husband was a power tool:) I love it.!I'd prefer any useful power tool to roses, chocolates or diamonds any day.

So I am gearing up to complete my work and ready for the open studio tour.

NYC has been incredible! I have worked very hard, eaten too much,and slept too little. I have met beautiful and talented young artists who I am certain will make their mark in the temperamental world of art and some who I believe will become life long friends. I haven't seen a great many sites. I haven't shopped at all for anything other than food and art supplies and I haven't attended any concerts or live performances. I did what I came here to do: work, paint, learn and transform my thoughts and my art. It has been a successful and life altering experience!

The countdown begins: 4 days left until showtime:)
I will keep you updated and also introduce you to some of my fellow exhibiting artists! I am off to do laundry....there is a no socks/underwear or paint free clothes situation that makes this chore inevitable and necessary:)

"May you always find beauty in the world around you." It is there. Just look a little harder and look inside your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jude, Art and Inspiration