JUDE HARZER FINE ART

When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.”~ Paul Coelho

A young and vital child knows no limit to his own will, and it is the only reality to him. It is not that he wants at the outset to fight other wills, but that they simply do not exist for him. Like the artist, he goes forth to the work of creation, gloriously alone.
Jane Harrison

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator
My art is a reflection of my effort to recognize and embrace the beauty in the world around me, even when it seems most difficult to find. Contact me at judiharz@aol.com or visit my website at http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

Visit My Website

http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

"Most of us have two lives- the life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands resistance."Steven Pressfield

"The greatest freedoms are freedom from regret, freedom from fear, freedom from anxiety, and freedom from sorrow."
Thich Nhat Hanh

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Making Magic In Manhattan cont'd


Jude on her dorm room bed, dreaming of being an artist in NYC. Oh wait! It's not a dream any more...it's reality!
So already I am in the midst of day 3 of my art residency at SVA. Monday was our official orientation. We addressed the usual rules and regulations and then gathered as a group, under the direction of our professor Alois Kronschlager to view images of oneanother's work and to discuss our backgrounds and artistic philosphies.
It was impressive, amazing but exhausting. SVA's program welcomes a very select group of artists, either emerging or mid career, to participate in their summer program under the direction of several prestigious professional artists and professors. The group is culturally and artistically diverse which makes it even more interesting.

Well, all I can say is, I'm in heaven:) No really it is awesome. My intention was to relate every aspect of my experience in real time but that is difficult to do when I am painting 10 or more hours a day and then trying to sleep in my room which I converted into a second makeshift studio. It is technically a single dormitory size room (i.e. an oversized closet sized space) but it is perfect! So I had to sleep with a roll of wire mesh and a maple panel on my bed:)

My actual studio space on 21st Street in the SVA Fine Art facility,faces the street across from DaVinci Art Supplies. I have approximately 24 linear feet of wall space and more if needed. To best illustrate my amazing experience to date, I will post a few images and promise to recount in more depth, the happenings at SVA. I love that I can easily navigate between my studio and my temporary "home". It really is a dream come true. I emailed my children this evening, reminding them to never abandon their wishes.With effort, persistence and patience, they can make their dreams a reality. I'm chasing mine, making magic in Manhattan. Enjoy!

My studio/dorm room. Shhh! Don't tell:)
New Art in Process!
The view from my room on 23rd Street and Lexington!
My studio at the School of Visual Arts in NYC on the 4th Floor at 21st Street. Note the bare white walls on Tuesday morning...look at the photos from Wednesday evening! I am in heaven, I know it!

2 days worth of studio time! I am really painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jude, Art and Inspiration