JUDE HARZER FINE ART

When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.”~ Paul Coelho

A young and vital child knows no limit to his own will, and it is the only reality to him. It is not that he wants at the outset to fight other wills, but that they simply do not exist for him. Like the artist, he goes forth to the work of creation, gloriously alone.
Jane Harrison

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator
My art is a reflection of my effort to recognize and embrace the beauty in the world around me, even when it seems most difficult to find. Contact me at judiharz@aol.com or visit my website at http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

Visit My Website

http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

"Most of us have two lives- the life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands resistance."Steven Pressfield

"The greatest freedoms are freedom from regret, freedom from fear, freedom from anxiety, and freedom from sorrow."
Thich Nhat Hanh

Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Beauty of the Details




I haven't been exceptionally productive but of course my mind is always racing: wishing, creating, thinking and believing. I am enjoying my work and myself. My how I have grown:)

For me the beauty lies within the details of my work. There is a richness that comes through the layers, the texture and the reworking. I feel as though my major piece is still in the early stages. It perhaps has reached adolescence and may not mature fully while I am here, but that will come with effort and time. Art really is like life. I appreciate more than ever before, the details and quirks, the uniqueness and texture of me, of my work, of my life. Every phase, every joy and every heart ache is manifest in my paintings. I wonder if those I love most, can see and feel it.

My critiques have been amazing. Most people respond to my work as being an "experience" of personal memories, albeit somewhat psychologically haunting.
I believe I can be an artist for the remainder of my life without growing tired or bored. It is exhausting in many regards, but I will never tire of the details.The story, my story, is in the details. Please look closely, at every inch,and you will see and feel who I am:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jude, Art and Inspiration