JUDE HARZER FINE ART

When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.”~ Paul Coelho

A young and vital child knows no limit to his own will, and it is the only reality to him. It is not that he wants at the outset to fight other wills, but that they simply do not exist for him. Like the artist, he goes forth to the work of creation, gloriously alone.
Jane Harrison

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator
My art is a reflection of my effort to recognize and embrace the beauty in the world around me, even when it seems most difficult to find. Contact me at judiharz@aol.com or visit my website at http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

Visit My Website

http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

"Most of us have two lives- the life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands resistance."Steven Pressfield

"The greatest freedoms are freedom from regret, freedom from fear, freedom from anxiety, and freedom from sorrow."
Thich Nhat Hanh

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Works In Process:A Return To Color



I met with an artist friend yesterday who has become an unexpected source of inspiration and somewhat of a professional "coach." It does help to bounce ideas off other artists who you value and trust and who know you personally. It helps if they can physically see your work as much gets lost in photographs,... mine anyway. Artists tend to work in isolation but occasionaly it helps me to input from a fellow artist. When my daughter left for college, I lost her critical eye. She helped me immensely when I couldn't find direction or when I was struggling with a composition. And she was tough and vocal in her critiques,which I greatly appreciated. I wasn't looking for flowery compliments,only assistance so that I could improve....Anyway, I am uncluttering my head and my discussion yesterday confirmed that I need to focus more than ever and "just do it." You have to love those Nike guys:) So right now I am rapidly transferring new ideas onto canvas. This is effective in documenting the general concepts so that I can later return to refine them.I actually have an abundance of images swirling in my mind,waiting to be manifested...but some of the older work still needs to be completed and there is value in further developing them. Here are some of the numerous images,hastily painted for the sake of peace of mind. So I'm off to a good start for 2009, I actually have a plan and deadlines in January for projects, one of which I vowed to fulfill based on a handshake:)It is my integrity that is on the line, personally and artistically. Yikes! No more procrastination...


Jude, Art and Inspiration