JUDE HARZER FINE ART

When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.”~ Paul Coelho

A young and vital child knows no limit to his own will, and it is the only reality to him. It is not that he wants at the outset to fight other wills, but that they simply do not exist for him. Like the artist, he goes forth to the work of creation, gloriously alone.
Jane Harrison

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator
My art is a reflection of my effort to recognize and embrace the beauty in the world around me, even when it seems most difficult to find. Contact me at judiharz@aol.com or visit my website at http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

Visit My Website

http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

"Most of us have two lives- the life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands resistance."Steven Pressfield

"The greatest freedoms are freedom from regret, freedom from fear, freedom from anxiety, and freedom from sorrow."
Thich Nhat Hanh

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Beauty

"Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old." ~ Franz Kafka

Images and words can be powerful and revealing. They can convey the secrets of your soul and the abundance in your heart.Inspired still by the words of a 12 year old,posted in a prior blog entry,I intend to live and celebrate 2009 with a "full heart." I want my images and words this year to represent the joy and love in my life.I am fortunate because it truly is plentiful.It is difficult to admit that I sometimes cling to the "negative" because it is comfortable being the victim... but that is a heavy weight to bear. I am no longer a child.Those who imposed great pain are gone and many years have passed.I was recently advised that it is time to forgive,(myself included.)How strange that someone should fear "success" or "happiness".I do it seems.Embracing both,admitting both,involves,believing in my own self worth. That must seem inconceivable to some. I am almost there:)

So I have decided to choose words to focus upon, my own "daily affirmations", as inspiration for my art.I will select one simple word per month,posted alongside the wise writing of a 12 year old and the artwork of a friend on my easel, and I will create with that word in mind.Seriously, how powerful and "full" are words like love,peace,beauty?...We overuse them and tend to dismiss their value. We diminish the essence of their genuine meaning.An entry by artist, Vivi-Mari Carpelan on her blog,A Spiritual Journey On Planet Earth, reminded me of the need to "see" beauty,the meaning of true beauty (she is it),the necessity to find it,unearth it,appreciate it.
So for January, the word is BEAUTY...it surrounds me... I know it:) 258

Jude, Art and Inspiration