JUDE HARZER FINE ART

When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.”~ Paul Coelho

A young and vital child knows no limit to his own will, and it is the only reality to him. It is not that he wants at the outset to fight other wills, but that they simply do not exist for him. Like the artist, he goes forth to the work of creation, gloriously alone.
Jane Harrison

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator
My art is a reflection of my effort to recognize and embrace the beauty in the world around me, even when it seems most difficult to find. Contact me at judiharz@aol.com or visit my website at http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

Visit My Website

http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

"Most of us have two lives- the life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands resistance."Steven Pressfield

"The greatest freedoms are freedom from regret, freedom from fear, freedom from anxiety, and freedom from sorrow."
Thich Nhat Hanh

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tim Maslyn sculptor 1957-2008


Tim Maslyn sculptor 1957-2008
Last night I received unexpected news that the husband of my sister's childhood friend, died suddenly. Three young daughters are left behind. Words cannot express the pain and loss that they must feel. I wrote to Janine last night,wanting to express my condolences.A recurring thought, that I did share with her, was that Tim would continue to inspire, and his memory survive, because he shared with others his purpose and passion...his art.
Tim Maslyn was a NJ based sculptor. Several years ago, I remember standing in my sister's kitchen in upstate NY,at a family gathering,listening to Tim talk about his choice to sculpt and his success in supporting his family doing so. He encouraged me to return to my art and have faith that if I was doing the thing I loved most, the rest would fall in to place. Many others, including my sister Lisa, have relentlessly tried to do the same. And finally I am doing just that,and I trust that what I am doing is important.That my art is meaningful to someone other than myself.
Upon hearing of Tim's passing, I thought about what is most important to me and questioned what it is I will leave behind that is greater than my life with my immediate family.For the first time, without hesitation, I am confident that it will be my art.
Art gives myself and other artists their own unique voice,and the ability to speak to a great many others in a manner that transcends words,time,socioeconomics and culture. Art has the power to touch hearts,lives and the human spirit. It is a universal language... a gift. And so, when I think of Tim, I think how wonderful it is that he created so many meaningful works that others will continue to appreciate and share, especially his family.Tim ensured the perpetuation of his memory through his sculpture.
May Janine and her children find comfort in his memory and generous spirit.
To read about Tim Maslyn and to view his work, please visit his site at:
http://www.maslynstudios.com/

Jude, Art and Inspiration