JUDE HARZER FINE ART

When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.”~ Paul Coelho

A young and vital child knows no limit to his own will, and it is the only reality to him. It is not that he wants at the outset to fight other wills, but that they simply do not exist for him. Like the artist, he goes forth to the work of creation, gloriously alone.
Jane Harrison

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator
My art is a reflection of my effort to recognize and embrace the beauty in the world around me, even when it seems most difficult to find. Contact me at judiharz@aol.com or visit my website at http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

Visit My Website

http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

"Most of us have two lives- the life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands resistance."Steven Pressfield

"The greatest freedoms are freedom from regret, freedom from fear, freedom from anxiety, and freedom from sorrow."
Thich Nhat Hanh

Monday, November 2, 2009

Wishes and Wildflowers

My art has become an obsession. It is my passion. My inspirations are personal, emotional and heartfelt. To alter the way I think and feel in accordance with someone else's "rules" or values, would diminish what makes my work uniquely my own.And sometimes the most beautiful and valuable work, comes from the darkest and most challenging places.I wouldn't have it any other way. It motivates me to move forward and to find strength in myself. Fear, regret,and loss really have nothing to do with my work any longer. Beauty, love, hope and persistence have everything to do with what I create.Some people mistake and confuse emotion with weakness or failure to progress.Be assured, I am far from weak and I will continue to love, learn and dream the best I know how.I am painting for myself.I am painting my dreams.

This image: Wildflowers is a small 3 dimensional prototype for my much larger "Field" paintings. I used mixed media: hardware, aluminum, wood and paper, painted with an oil overlay, to create the highly textured surface.

3 comments:

  1. very cool textural pieces, this piece speaks of commitment in materials and color and imagery!!neat to diversify, and I made your blog a favorite on mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia, I expect my work to change dramatically during this upcoming year. In a way it is symbolic of much recent personal growth and change in my life. And our lives and our true selves are very layered and highly textured. I want to reflect that in my art and experiment more fully with different materials and techniques. Fear used to confine me to small canvasses. Now I dream of welding steel structures:) I am always so pleased and flattered to hear from you Claudia. Today is my birthday. I am in Boston surrounded by beauty, art and architecture. Your comment was a welcome and wonderful birthday "greeting!" I can't wait to see the work you produce:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The Lord is inspiring how He places inspiration to yield His next step, Fear not for I am with you applies to the painting process in such a close way. The thirsty land becomes flowing streams. Isaiah 35 Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

Jude, Art and Inspiration