JUDE HARZER FINE ART

When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.”~ Paul Coelho

A young and vital child knows no limit to his own will, and it is the only reality to him. It is not that he wants at the outset to fight other wills, but that they simply do not exist for him. Like the artist, he goes forth to the work of creation, gloriously alone.
Jane Harrison

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator
My art is a reflection of my effort to recognize and embrace the beauty in the world around me, even when it seems most difficult to find. Contact me at judiharz@aol.com or visit my website at http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

Visit My Website

http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

"Most of us have two lives- the life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands resistance."Steven Pressfield

"The greatest freedoms are freedom from regret, freedom from fear, freedom from anxiety, and freedom from sorrow."
Thich Nhat Hanh

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Let It Flow





I have lots to do to prepare for a conference, several upcoming trips,2 exhibits in Chelsea, NYC, and NJ, new lessons for school and of course life in general, BUT, it was an "art flow" kind of day and I had to choose....paint or prepare. Yikes! I had to choose paint! I tell my students stories about Vincent Van Gogh and how his brother Theo would assist in caring for him by sending him funds for food so that he would not starve. Van Gogh only sold one of his works while alive and had little money .Vincent would have to choose between taking the money from Theo to purchase food or pigments. Often he chose the latter and subsisted on meager portions of bread and tea! Today, given my choices, he would have opted to paint:)

So in this beautiful process of flow, while researching for my presentation on Indian mandalas, I created several images that I will post. They are "in process" of course. During the summer, one professor who critiqued my art suggested that I be more "mindful" of what I create and not to confuse speed and quantity with producing quality art. Again, the discussion was about choices. Another professor surmised that I have a whole lot of pent up thoughts, ideas, feelings and fantasies, (20 years worth), locked in my mind and imagination. She suggested that I "not think", open the floodgates, and create unabashedly for 10 years without apology or criticism, to clear my head and heart. I like how she thinks:) So today, I simply painted, working on several compositions simultaneously.

“The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and from motives of policy are silent when we should speak, the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls.”

Elizabeth Cady Stanton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jude, Art and Inspiration