JUDE HARZER FINE ART

When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.”~ Paul Coelho

A young and vital child knows no limit to his own will, and it is the only reality to him. It is not that he wants at the outset to fight other wills, but that they simply do not exist for him. Like the artist, he goes forth to the work of creation, gloriously alone.
Jane Harrison

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator
My art is a reflection of my effort to recognize and embrace the beauty in the world around me, even when it seems most difficult to find. Contact me at judiharz@aol.com or visit my website at http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

Visit My Website

http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

"Most of us have two lives- the life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands resistance."Steven Pressfield

"The greatest freedoms are freedom from regret, freedom from fear, freedom from anxiety, and freedom from sorrow."
Thich Nhat Hanh

Monday, October 26, 2009

Jacob Matthew


Yesterday morning,in Virginia Beach, I became Godmother to Jacob Matthew,the youngest of my brother Robert's three sons. I hesitated before making this commitment and discussed it with Robert because I am not a practicing Catholic nor was I married in the Catholic Church. I am spiritual and seriously reflect upon what that means for me as an individual. I respect the choices and religious paths that others follow.After discussion and consideration, I realized that becoming Jake's Godparent is ultimately more about nurturing,protecting and loving this little person. It is about being there to guide him in whatever manner I am able. It is about witnessing his life.

Knowing and believing that there are people that genuinely love you, beyond the boundaries of one's immediate family,is a gift.So in a way, I feel as though I made a spiritual commitment to this beautiful baby (who has an exceptional abundance of hair thanks to his Mommy, Jackie:),to love him,encourage him and remind him of his unique greatness and importance in this world....And now of course, I have to create a painting of my Godson:)I took lots of photos for inspiration!As an artist, I always "see" beauty,but especially in the faces and hearts of children!


Love is a choice you make from moment to moment...
Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.
~Barbara De Angelis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jude, Art and Inspiration