JUDE HARZER FINE ART

When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.”~ Paul Coelho

A young and vital child knows no limit to his own will, and it is the only reality to him. It is not that he wants at the outset to fight other wills, but that they simply do not exist for him. Like the artist, he goes forth to the work of creation, gloriously alone.
Jane Harrison

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator
My art is a reflection of my effort to recognize and embrace the beauty in the world around me, even when it seems most difficult to find. Contact me at judiharz@aol.com or visit my website at http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

Visit My Website

http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

"Most of us have two lives- the life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands resistance."Steven Pressfield

"The greatest freedoms are freedom from regret, freedom from fear, freedom from anxiety, and freedom from sorrow."
Thich Nhat Hanh

Monday, April 6, 2009

New Beginnings



Had it not been for the prompting of former CMU classmate and fellow artist, Nick Bell, I probably would have missed my opening in NYC at the Pen and Brush on Saturday afternoon. Thanks to Nick and his friends:artist and CMU alum, Susannah Stern and her pathologist/sculptor husband, Bruce, my opening was especially meaningful.
Curated by NYU Professor and Dean of Humanities, Edward Sullivan, the "In Your Dreams: Reveries,Fantasies, and Impossible Wishes" exhibit is an international multi-media group show, conceived of by Sullivan himself. 105 works were selected from over 800 submissions.The exhibit runs until April 26th.
The locale of The Pen and Brush was exquisite.It was incredibly well attended but being highly claustrophobic,my primary focus was unfortunately not on the art but rather on how to feel and breathe fresh, cool air. We were able to make our way out to the rear courtyard,where there was a table available to sit and talk. I enjoyed the unique perspective of "looking in". It is always a good thing to find new and interesting ways of "seeing", especially as a visual artist. And catching up with Nick, his life and art, was well worth the trip.
I also had the pleasure of seeing and speaking with fellow AENJ member and exhibiting artist,So Yoon Lym.
So to D.J. Haslett, thanks again for the suggestion to apply to the show and to Nick, Susannah and Bruce: you were exceptional and gracious company:)The service at the Indian restaurant was memorable and amusing:)Susannah, I believe our waiter needs to meditate.
And a final thanks and hello to Michael Heisler, letterer and artist extraordinaire for purchasing my first print,reconnecting with me and putting me in touch with Nick and other CMU friends. I expect by the time I get to CA., Michael,you will have created an impressive body of sketches and figure drawings to share:)
Check out Nick Bell and Susannah Stern's work!
http://www.nicktbell.com/
http://www.susannahstern.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jude, Art and Inspiration