JUDE HARZER FINE ART

When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.”~ Paul Coelho

A young and vital child knows no limit to his own will, and it is the only reality to him. It is not that he wants at the outset to fight other wills, but that they simply do not exist for him. Like the artist, he goes forth to the work of creation, gloriously alone.
Jane Harrison

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator

Jude Harzer Artist/Art Educator
My art is a reflection of my effort to recognize and embrace the beauty in the world around me, even when it seems most difficult to find. Contact me at judiharz@aol.com or visit my website at http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

Visit My Website

http://www.judeharzerfineart.com

"Most of us have two lives- the life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands resistance."Steven Pressfield

"The greatest freedoms are freedom from regret, freedom from fear, freedom from anxiety, and freedom from sorrow."
Thich Nhat Hanh

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Love Deeply

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
Lao Tzu

My daughter returns home from college in several days. While gone, our home was quiet and less frenetic. It smelled less of feminine mists and sprays, pizza and bourbon chicken. I didn't have to search for my own boots,make up or bras, which she frequently borrowed and adopted as her own. There weren't any half empty chocolate milk glasses lying about or candy wrappers that never seemed to find their way to the nearest garbage can ten feet away in any direction. Pounding music from Broadway to rap,pounding feet from dancing and jumping well past midnight, were no where to be heard.And now my muse, my Christina is about to return and I am certain her presence, her smell, her noise, her arguments will be heard loudly and clearly, "awakening" the quiet.... and I can't wait. She is lively and lovely. She brings chaos and clutter but it was greatly missed:)(for the most part.)
For Christmas, Christina gave to me a very beautiful gift...a book...The Tao Te Ching written by Chinese taoist Philosopher, founder of Taoism, Lao Tzu. I look at it daily. Translated by James Legge, this version, is particularly beautiful as the text is paired with breathtaking works of Chinese art.
Tia manages to select the perfect gifts for me because she is one of the few people who knows my mind and heart. And to think I helped to create this kid!
And so I read and have re- read Lao Tzu's quote about love and courage and know that loving my children,and others in my life, gives me limitless courage.I don't love easily but I do love deeply and loyally. And when I am feeling as though I am standing on a "slippery slope", I think of those people who I love the most and wonder if they realize the daily strength and inspiration they have given to me. Despite time,absence,distance, ...my love for them is never ending.
So welcome home Christina Autumn ...although there have been some major changes since your departure:)I'll fill you in when I see you:) So hats off to the end of peace and quiet! Love deeply and with courage! I love you every inch:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jude, Art and Inspiration